This only counts as Adventure #2.5, cuz it I just stopped by Washington D.C. for a few hours on my way back from NYC.
Main reason I wanted to go? Cherry blossoms.
And to see my friends dog.
And my friend.
I used to work with Paige back in the day. She's a photographer too, so we walked around and obtained sick shots of each other.
Here are pictures:
Adventure 2.75 - Getting Home
Now getting back home was tricky.
I timed everything so that I could make it back to the airport in time for my 4:30pm flight back to SLC, but then Paige offered me a lift to the airport. I accepted, seeing how the airport was only 15 minutes away by car. What I didn't consider was the 25 minute walk to her car.
I get to the airport, and I couldn't check in because my flight was in 29 minutes (the check in cut off is 30 minutes). I talk to the Delta lady, and she prints off my ticket in the most agonizingly slow manner.
- Fortunately, I got my seat request ticket!
- Unfortunately, the line for security was the approximate length of the Mississippi river (during the fall, when it's slightly shorter than usual).
So I missed my flight... I arrived at the gate just in time to see the plane taxiing to the runway.
- Fortunately, I had a back up flight! I would catch the 4:50 flight back to NYC and connect to a 8pm flight back to Utah!
- Unfortunately, my backup flight was delayed for 5 hours, rendering my desired connection impossible to make...
- Fortunately, I noticed that a flight to Minneapolis was boarding nearby!
- Unfortunately, that meant I had to go to Minneapolis...
Jk, that wasn't a problem. I quickly checked connecting flights at Minneapolis, listed myself for the flight (and the connection back to SLC), printed off my seat request ticket and hopped on the flight!
I eventually made it back home.
I only had to pay for two days of parking.